Shaanan N Cohney
I am an Australian, currently a first year Ph.D candidate at the University of Pennsylvania in Computer & Information Science. My main research interests are Security and Cryptography.
Prior to my Ph.D, in 2014 I completed a Bachelor of Science (Physics/Computer Science) along with a Diploma of Music (Practical - Classical Singing) at the University of Melbourne.
During my undergraduate studies, I participated in study abroad at the University of Pennsylvania and achieved the grades to be awarded a Dean's List Citation.
Additionally, I have been tutoring/TAing undergraduate courses across three semesters and have been awarded an Excellence in Tutoring Award from the University of Melbourne.
I was a winter intern at Facebook Inc. in their Menlo Park HQ during 2014 and worked on the account deletion system.
I currently offer services tutoring high school and college students in Mathematics, Physics and Computer Science and also freelance as a Web Developer and IT Support Technician.
|Address|| 406 Harrison
3910 Irving St
Philadelphia PA, 19104
Fields of Interest
Cryptography; Computer Security; Experimental Particle Physics
- 2013 Spring Semester (UPenn) - Algorithms and Data Structures
- 2013 Semester 2 (Unimelb) - Engineering Computation
- 2014 Semester 1 (Unimelb) - Computer Systems
- 2014 Semester 1 (Unimelb) - Foundations of Computing
- 2014 Semester 1 (Unimelb) - TRICS Presenter (Theoretical Research in Computer Science), Cryptography
ProficienciesJS/Jquery; C; PHP; Python; HTML/CSS; Linux Systems Administration;
- Computer Science Project (Machine Learning) - Prize for Best Research Project
- Operating Systems - (UPenn)
- Computer Security (Graduate) - (UPenn)
- Computational Physics - (Unimelb)
- Complex Analysis - (Unimelb)
- Quantum Mechanics - (Unimelb)
- I sing in multiple different choirs, the most significant of them being the Penn Glee Club.
- I spend much of my free time playing piano, predominantly works from musical theatre.
- I came second place in a safe cracking tournament.
- I have five years of experience as an informal educator in a community youth movement.